Puvab is a Swedish company, founded in 1989 in Borås in Southern Sweden. Right from the start, Puvab has focused on marketing protective wear for the Swedish energy and railway companies. The importance of the right clothes inside and out have been one of the corner stones in the business. This is why Puvab has always worked hard to develop functional and certified garments of the highest quality that work both at the height of summer and in freezing winter. Today, we probably have the broadest range of certified workwear in this area.
In 2013, Puvab started the brand Eripio Wear with workwear for ambulance and rescue services. The garments are developed to provide innovative design and functionality. We are very please that several local municipalities in Sweden, Denmark and Finland have so far chosen Eripio Wear as their main supplier.
Puvab – a brief history
- 1989 – Puvab was founded by Ulf Hansson and Kjell Gustavsson.
- 1991 – Cooperation with Vattenfall is started, and a whole new range is developed for their special needs in workwear. A lot of this work has laid the foundation for Puvab’s continued development.
- 1995 – Puvab launches a new, ergonomic range at the Nordic Elfack trade fair for the electricity and power business, which was a big success in the electricity business.
- 1998 – Ulf Hansson becomes the sole owner of Puvab.
- 2003 – Puvab starts its factory in Kaliningrad, Russia, where most of the production will come from.
- 2011 – Gustav Örn aquires Puvab and becomes the main owner.
- 2013 – Per Wagnås starts as new MD. The brand Eripio Wear is founded. Puvab starts a cooperation with GORE-TEX® and launches its first collection of functional GORE-TEX® garments tested for protection against the thermal hazards of an electric arc.
- 2014 – Strategic cooperation with MASCOT A/S which enables Puvab to offer a full range of workwear and shoes even when there is no demand for flame protection.
- 2017 – Cooperation with MASCOT A/S terminated.
- 2017 – Puvab is acquired by Hultafors Group AB (http://www.hultaforsgroup.com/).